Secure Sense is currently seeking a qualified & experienced penetration tester/ethical hacker to help lead and govern the conduct of penetration testing. This is a full time, permanent positon with flexible hours. The Penetration Tester will have significant responsibility to develop and formalize an internal penetration testing service at Secure Sense that can be leveraged by internal project and operational teams to engage & conduct penetration tests on demand, according to criteria that we establish and conducted to standards we develop in house.
This role entails hands-on practical experience that can provide specific guidance to platform & application operators to ensure real world security against likely & probable threats to Secure Sense and our customers.
Experience & Education
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent. 2+ years of applied technical experience.
- Certification(s) in penetration testing or ethical hacking such as GPEN, CWAPT, OSCP or equivalent experience employed specifically in this capacity
- Experience & awareness of a broad set of industry security specifications, standards & regulations such as (but not exhaustive) PCI, SOX, ISO-27001/2, PIPEDA, Canadian financial regulation
- CISSP or equivalent general security certification
- General network technical certifications (e.g. CCNA, CCNP) desirable
- Works with minimal supervision, while monitoring and executing a number of time critical actions
- Demonstrable experience in PEN tools such as metasploit (and prepared to discuss relative merits of various tools)
- Proven ability to analyze and solve a wide range of technical problems.
- Detailed operational knowledge of systems relevant to field of work in terms of functionality and capability and/or detailed knowledge of services provided within the related field.
- Broad technical knowledge suitable to an information security professional TCP/IP, Unix, Windows, firewall, IPS, database, web application, DDoS, malware, log analysis
- Project and/or people management skills gained through previous experience, where appropriate.
- Moderate coding ability suitable to writing shell scripts (BASH, PowerShell, etc.) or SQL queries to simplify unexpected administrative or technical tasks
- Resolves problems independently and/or through a support team.
- Strong & clear written, verbal & presentation skills including
- preparation of documents or slide decks crafted to particular or wide audiences at need
- keeping good notes, records of actions & decisions taken
- Translate technical risk issues into business context and ensure less technical decision makers can appreciate the business risks for ideal prioritization
Expected Start Date:
As soon as possible
Secure Sense welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If you think you’ve got what it takes to join our growing team, send your CV and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Security Penetration Tester”