Are you someone that enjoys providing guidance and thought leadership to a team?
Hi there potential SOC Team Lead, welcome to Secure Sense. We are an IT solution provider specializing in network and security services and product implementation and we are on the hunt for Security Operations Team Lead/Manager.
Secure Sense is currently seeking a qualified & experienced Team Lead – Manager for our Security Operations Center (SOC). This is a full-time, permanent position with flexible hours. Reporting to the Managing Director, the SOC Team Lead/Manager is chiefly responsible for overseeing the 24x7x365 Security Operation Center’s and its analysts who monitor security tools, assess threats, and risks involving client infrastructure. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring that all Managed Service deliverables are produced on time and within strict SLA time frames. Acting as the ultimate escalation point for the SOC technical team, The Team lead also acts as a liaison between the SOC, Account Managers and CSMs to facilitate and deliver services.
The Secure Sense work environment and corporate culture is a collaborative space that embraces continual learning and self-motivated excellence while realizing that the most inspiring places to work are those that include an element of fun. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals who share our vision for continued growth and positive collaboration in the workplace, as well as with our partners and customers.
- Oversee the SOC’s daily operations and provide support to all SOC personnel to ensure all MSSP deliverables are met within SLAs
- Develop and maintain SOC policies and standard operating procedures
- Act and head of the SOC action approval chain
- Take a leading role in designing, developing and implementing new MSSP offerings, as well as updating existing MSSP offerings
- Identify and manage potential and actual operational issues and risks and take corrective action
- Assist in the development of ongoing training programs designed to help advance our analysts’ careers and our company’s growth
- Manage SOC personnel including enforcing disciplinary measures
- Make staffing decisions regarding the SOC team
- Provide direction and vision, including motivating people to perform, listening to employees, providing feedback, recognizing strengths and providing challenges
- Work as a liaison between the SOC Team, other departments, and upper management
- Manage relationships with our customers’ in-house operations teams and frequently interact with client management
- Develop salient and actionable security KPI and KRI metrics
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelors or college degree of computer science, computer engineering or other relevant degrees
- 4+ years of Information Security/Cybersecurity experience
- 2+ years in a leadership role
- 4+ years’ experience working in a SOC environment and working knowledge of all managed controls and services.
- Relevant industry certifications
- Relevant technology vendor certifications (Fortinet, LogRhythm, FireEye, etc.)
- Strong knowledge and experience with industry standard frameworks (ISO, NIST, PCI) -Familiarity with ITIL or related methodologies
- Experience in the fulfillment and delivery of proposed solutions
- Strong knowledge of Cyber Security forensics and best practices
- Professional focus on NGFW, IPS, SIEM
- Personnel and resource management experience
- Strong knowledge of project management and risk analysis strategy
- Strong knowledge of change management and implementation best practices
- Professional communication, including executive level and documentation of processes & procedures
Expected Start Date:
Permanent Full Time
Secure Sense welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.