The Secure Sense work environment and corporate culture is a collaborative space that embraces continual learning and self-motivated excellence while realizing that the most inspiring places to work are those that include an element of fun.
Secure Sense is currently looking for a Technical Writer with the ability to create, update, revise and maintain a variety of technical documents for commercial and internal purposes, as well as to be able to work independently and productively and have fun with our team.
Sounds great, so what’s the role exactly?
Reporting to the Service Delivery Manager the Technical Writer is responsible for producing high quality documents, proposals, manuals, etc., and will be responsible for all stages of the document design, development and production. These may include RFP/Bid Proposals, Presentations, Operational Plans/Manuals, newsletters, training plans, process reviews, or any other business-related documents.
The Technical Writer will work collaboratively with various individuals and/or teams across the organization to understand needs and requirements, gather information/content, review draft documentation for accuracy and completeness, prioritize and manage multiple projects/tasks and timelines.
- Participate on RFP/bids proposals and/or presentations, working Groups/meetings to prepare quality, creative and timely proposals.
- Ability to learn and understand processes and service deliverables based on solid security/networking fundamentals
- Research industry trends and best practices to assist in updating current processes and policies
- Network diagrams, low charts and data representation as needed
- Standardize documentation style, layout, language and content across platforms and media and create templates and scripts based on Marketing indications.
- Adopt existing knowledge and archived content to respond to requests for information about products and services
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of risk models and risk assessment
- Plan and prioritize future documentation plans/projects in collaboration with the management team and manage multiple streams of work and parallel deadlines of assigned deliverables.
- Develop, organize, write and edit proposals, operational procedures and manuals, etc.
- Organize and maintain a comprehensive library of all company Policies, Processes/Procedures and Manuals.
Do you think you’re ready to join this group? Not going to lie, we’ve got some bigwigs here, so we ask you don’t bug them for signatures.
Aside from ninja skills, what other technical talents should I have?
- A degree or diploma in Technical, Professional or Business Writing, or Research or equivalent relevant field (e.g. Journalism, English, or Communications).
- 2+ years of proven professional experience in a technical writer or similar position.
- Experience writing product content in an IT industry.
- Experienced and proficient in a variety of Technical Writer tools, including Adobe FrameMaker, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Word, MS Visio, WebWorks ePublisher, etc. and demonstrated capability to learn a new tool/technology quickly and efficiently
- Working knowledge of at least some of the following: firewalls, IDS/IPS, MPS, SIEM, DLP
- Experience with Adobe Technical Communication Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign and familiarity with XML, HTML, is strongly desired.
- Experience in design and content creation of Proposal/Presentation documents, Operation Manuals, Policies and Procedures.
- Experience in developing and reviewing ISP’s
- Experienced in developing technical writing standards, best practices, and working with style guides, templates, scripts, style sheets, and graphic libraries.
- Prior work experience in a SOC
Not technical, but I also should have:
- Ability to learn quickly on the job and to make informed, responsible decisions.
- Industry certification(s) in a relevant specialization
- Technical aptitude for learning/understanding new technologies.
- Multitasking skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with expert writing, editing, proofreading skills and impeccable spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Creative and innovative with an eye and appreciation for visuals, graphics and formatting.
- Excellent conceptualization skills with the ability to understand and break down complex information/subjects against requirements to create compliant and responsive technical documents.
Why Secure Sense?
Let your career take off with a company that cares about you, and your personal and professional needs. With endless opportunities and a company culture that supports continuous education, Secure Sense is the right place for you to learn, grow and flourish professionally.
Secure Sense welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.