Effective Patch Management Tools for Your Organization
Welcome back to the blog for our final Cyber Security Awareness Month blog! Today we are focusing on the importance of patching and remediation. This key security step can prevent the majority of breaches and save organizations from an unfortunate, and costly, attack. A study by Ponemon shows that over 60% of breaches are due to unpatched, known vulnerabilities and many of the victims were unaware that their organizations were vulnerable in the first place. Today’s blog will review what you can do to avoid this and how Secure Sense can help.
Over half of the impacted organizations rely on manual patching processes that make it exceedingly difficult to keep up to date on patching cycles; meanwhile, the attack surface has exploded due to remote work scenarios and tens of thousands of CVEs are reported each year. Cyber threats are more prevalent than ever, preying on outdated operating systems and applications, and endpoints are increasingly difficult to patch and troubleshoot due to their mobility, being off-net to patching tools and overburdened staff not having the resources necessary to overcome those hurdles. Even with the right tools, staffing and expertise are a challenge for IT budgets, especially where patching needs are typically messy, require follow-up processes and operate on conflicting schedules for staff availability. So, what can you do?
The good news is there are many tools out there that are tailor made to manage your patching and alleviate the stress that comes from keeping your systems up-to-date constantly. You may ask “but does it work with remote working employees?” and the answer is yes. Secure Sense has partnered with Tanium to provide a SecurePATCHING managed service solution that maintains a console in the cloud so that it is accessible from anywhere to its agents or the console can be whitelisted to ensure the administrative interface is only accessible from within your company (or when on a corporate VPN, of course). This service allows your organization to patch whatever needs patching, whenever it needs patching, including servers, desktops, remote employee laptops, and more.
Our team of experts provides:
- deployment services
- ongoing asset discovery and management
- patching module compilation and deployment
- customization of patching workflows
- technical support
- exclusion management
- all manner of reporting and visibility customization.
We work with your team to design a comprehensive patching plan that integrates with your change management and technical teams. In addition to scheduled and automated features of the service, our team is available for ad-hoc requests, emergency and zero-day patching response with criticality-based service levels.
The features of the service include:
- 24×7 support and management of patching, support and reporting requests
- Profiling, organization and management of assets
- Asset patch-compliance tracking and remediation
- Patch program design and tuning, including patch module compiling, scheduling, approval chains and notifications
- Implementation of patch modules on a scheduled basis, validation and follow-ups of exceptions
- Intelligent workflows for OS and Application patching
- Ad-hoc, emergency and zero-day patching according to criticality-based SLAs
- Endpoint software licensing monitoring, allowing for unused software to be identified and licenses reclaimed, saving you money
- Tracking and metrics designed to inform service improvement over time, demonstrate risk reduction and ROI
- Progress tracking, notifications of patching activity and regular status meetings
The benefits of SecurePATCHING with Secure Sense:
- Centralization of patch management across diverse assets and environments
- Cost efficiency of staffing for MSP vs. hiring full-time employees
- Process efficiency of 24×7 processes vs. availability of your resources during business hours
- Low Perimeter Network load of our solution means lower risk when patching in terms of productivity and technical risks from pushing broad scale patches over the network
- Advanced tracking and compliance metrics and advanced visibility of how risk profiles change in real time
- All the benefits of a seasoned, experienced team to guide your patching activities
- Dedicated resources committed to your success in the form of your CSM and extended Customer Success Team!
Implementing the right tools to keep your systems safe and up-to-date lowers your organizations risk of attacks through unpatched systems and vulnerabilities. To learn more about Secure Sense’s SecurePATCHING service, don’t hesitate to reach out to us at 866-999-7506 or shoot us an email at email@example.com.
Your key word is ‘Patch Management’. Don’t forget to comment the key word on LinkedIn here for your chance to win one of many prizes! Prizes will be drawn next week so be sure to get your comments in.
Secure Sense is the security provider that cares. We are a team of experts with a passion for IT and protecting your organization is what motivates us daily. If you have questions or want to learn more about how we can improve your organization’s security, and our services or just want to chat about security please give us a shout. Follow along throughout the month of October as we discuss all things cybersecurity for Cyber Security Awareness Month.