Security Trends: Managed Security Service Providers via Fortinet
Maintain your organization’s integrity, and reduce the risk across all platforms with a Secure Sense Managed Service.
At Secure Sense, the safety of your data is the driving force behind providing innovative and efficient protection practices that will never compromise or ignore the security of your data. Built on the premise of providing a service for products that we trust in and are experts at both deploying and managing, we can confidently provide the manpower and technical expertise to always optimize your return on investment.
As the security landscape is evolving constantly and becoming an increasingly unsafe environment, your protection strategy demands a service and a team of experts that is already ahead of the game. Through a holistic approach to security, we act as an extension of your security team to provide an unmatched service and instill confidence in the security of your organization. Below lists the benefits and overview of an MSSP from Fortinet perspective.
Small and large businesses alike are struggling to meet their need for better, faster, more cost-effective cyber security. With the unemployment rate for security professionals extremely low (less than 1 percent in some cities), a company’s prospect of finding – and then keeping – security talent is daunting. At the same time, the threat landscape is becoming unmanageable. According to a January 2016 Ponemon Institute©1 research report, improved hacking tools have made it easier, faster, and less expensive for hackers to execute successful targeted attacks against companies. And unsurprisingly, targeted, persistent attacks are on the rise. Regulatory compliance requirements are also affecting more businesses each year. And meanwhile, today’s cyber criminals are well financed, with an organizational capacity that rivals a Fortune 500 company, meaning they have an increased capacity to build and deliver custom, sophisticated attacks designed specifically to evade detection.
As a result, organizations across the globe are turning to managed security service providers (MSSPs) to fill their security skills gap. These firms offer security hardware and expertise as an operating expense, which provides businesses of all sizes a cost-effective, amortized security solution. Additional benefits of MSSPs include:
- Enabling your IT department to focus on their core competencies: A managed service approach allows companies to meet the breadth and depth of security needs while maintaining IT support across other areas of the business.
- Reducing issues with obsolete technology: The capital expense is another costly component to securing the enterprise. Security technology changes fast. As network speeds increase, so do firewall performance requirements, creating a hardware arms race that is costly and difficult to maintain. Through an MSSP, you can upgrade hardware as needed without the excessive capital expense.
- Accessing top security talent how and when you need them: Due to their specialization, MSSPs are in a position to provide highly skilled engineers, properly configured technology, and around-the-clock monitoring and management to mitigate risks.
- Meeting regulatory compliance with professional help: MSSPs commonly specialize in meeting various compliance regulations for the protection of customer data and can guide you through the process and how it affects your business.
Visit our services page for a detailed overview of our CPE and Cloud managed service offerings.
Connect with Secure Sense to protect data, your network, and systems 24/7, 365 days a year. If you have questions or want to learn more, please contact Secure Sense by calling 866-999-7506.
Fortinet Blog Source: https://blog.fortinet.com/2016/07/06/security-trends-managed-security-service-providers
1. Flipping the Economics of Attacks, Ponemon Institure©, January 2016